Monday, September 17, 2007

Wiki Week
Having had a look at several wiki sites I followed the instructions to the hot issues on Blackboard. I could post a comment but found I couldn't edit anything which I understood was the name of the game. Joseph also had this problem. I looked up the other Blackboard Library Wiki and found they had the appropriate links. No doubt this will be remedied in the near future.
I discovered that some other wikis in the big wide world require extra identification from people who want to edit them. People who vandalise and scam material are making this necessary. I wouldn't have thought that this was the case with Hot Issues at ECU Libraries

Adding wiki functionality to library catalogs would allow users to to make the entries more user friendly. e.g. Synopses and reviews of books as well as pictures of the cover for easy identification (especially with fiction in public libraries).

1 comment:

eyesee said...

Good to see some thought being put into the processes we are asked to review.

A good start. Now we need some more blog entries.